As we enter mid-February, spring is on the brain in a lot of ways; maybe it’s the warm and sunny days here and there, the gorgeous florals that accompany Valentine’s Day, the stunning fashion week presentations… and sheer desire to shake off the winter weather! Either way, you can’t deny that it’s time to start putting together our transitional and spring wardrobes to prepare for the season ahead. We’ve had our eyes on the runways, and are preparing our racks with fresh trends and classic favorites. We’ve compiled a list of the top 10 trends of Spring 2018 so you can gather inspiration, then get shopping!
- Fancy jeans – decals, embroidery, unique cuts… this is a trend we’ve already been loving and can’t wait for even more unique denim styles to roll in. In terms of wash, dark denim seems to be at peak popularity.
- Haute hues – power pastels and day-glo brights are both on trend this season, especially lavender, punchy yellow, pastel pink, bold red, and crisp white. These stunning shades will make you feel like a gorgeous garden, before the flowers even begin to bloom.
- Bling and shine – anything from beads to sequins to metallics are fair game. Don’t shy away, it’s your time to shine!
- Sheer layers – we saw tons of looks on the runways featuring transparency from head-to-toe. This look can easily become wearable for your everyday style when you pair a sheer top or dress with a cami or slip underneath – so flirty-chic!
- Trenches and anoraks – spring temps are totally unpredictable, so an on-trend jacket is a must in your wardrobe. This season, keep an eye out for classic silhouettes with a unique twist – like unusual fabrics, funky pockets, and fun colors.
- Fringe – as if spring coming wasn’t fantastic enough news, fringe is BACK, baby! From subtle trimmings to long and swingy statement fringe, this THREAD favorite is returning in a big way.
- Funky patterns – from plaid and checks to 60s florals to polka dots, designers did not shy away from pattern this year. In fact, some even mixed and matched patterns – 2018 is the year for being bold!
- Not-so-short-shorts – in a refreshing twist of events, shorts with a longer inseam seem to be the top trend. The look is more mature and preppy, while still fulfilling your desire to let your legs breathe after a long winter of layering up.
- Romantic ruffles – ruffles are classically springy and feminine, and will pair gorgeously with the pastel and sheer trends. We’ve loved this trend several times over in the past, and can’t wait to see what new variations this season brings!
- Cinched and snatched – a commonality through many of these trends was an accentuated waist, whether with a high-waisted cut or bold belt. You’ve been drowning in that puffer coat, it’s time to show off your beautiful shape!
Spring 2018 is bringing us updated classics with a punch of vibrant color, bold patterns, and statement silhouettes. You’ve been hiding away all winter, it’s time to shine! Even if you prefer a more understated look, this list definitely has a little something for everyone. Check out the photos below for some style inspiration, then come visit us in store or online to shop – fresh new arrivals will be hitting the racks every day!