In the age of technology and overnight shipping, it’s easy to feel like fast fashion is our new best friend. Millions of options, cheap, instant, new, easy – it sounds too good to be true, right? Well, it is! You may be making some big compromises when you shop fast fashion, which is why shopping small is growing in popularity. Our customers have already experienced the magic of boutique shopping. But if you’re not yet convinced, here are 10 reasons to shop local:
- Amazing quality – cheap clothes are usually made from cheap materials. At small boutiques like THREAD, we make relationships with amazing upcoming brands and designers, then hand-pick our favorite pieces to carry in-store. You can expect expert craftsmanship, luxurious materials, and originality! From production to your shopping bag, there’s love every step of the way.
- Uniqueness – when you shop brands and designers who make small, seasonal collections, you’re more likely to find something that feels special. When time and creative thinking are put to work, the garments will still be on-trend with a one-of-a-kind twist.
- Incredible customer service – we promise, you will not have to hunt down our sales associates for help. From the moment you walk into the store, our amazing team will be at the ready with individual attention and hey, even a coffee to sip while you browse. Up-to-date info on the new arrivals, background on our amazing collections, personal styling advice… we’ve got you covered! Customer service is something we take a lot of pride in at THREAD and we promise you an amazing experience.
- Insta style – we keep our social media accounts up-to-date with the latest, all day every day! It’s an easy way to keep up with THREAD events, sales, and new arrivals. In fact, if you see something you like on our Instagram, you can even request we hold your size so you don’t miss out. Chain stores can’t offer that kind of connection!
- Get your online fix – many small businesses have online shops as well, so you don’t have to compromise if you’re out of town or craving some late-night shopping. Our online store has plenty of online selection and speedy shipping. If you’re in town, you also have the option to pay online and pick up in-store.
- Build community – supporting small businesses helps to build the unique community that gives character to our hometowns. Relationships and collaborations mean a stronger community! Many local businesses also support local charities – check out our story with A Thread of Hope.
- Support local culture – The community of businesses reflects the local culture, so they may serve one another. Our flagship location in Grandview is seated in a community with unique character, and we curate our selection to fit the tastes of our local shoppers!
- Support entrepreneurs – starting a small business takes a lot of hard work and dedication, and cannot be done without your support! Bonus: the powerhouses behind THREAD are hard-working women with a passion for fashion. So support your local girl bosses!
- Good karma – local businesses are overall more ethically sound. Reduce your carbon footprint, support fair labor practices, and keep the local economy thriving.
- It’s just more fun – a customer once told us that THREAD is like a real-life Pinterest board. Running a small business allows us to constantly rearrange, decorate, throw little parties for our customers – there’s never a dull moment!
Look good, feel good, and do good! THREAD is one of many small, local businesses in Columbus and we promise, you won’t regret supporting any or all of them. You’ll have the best possible shopping experience, and support the movement toward reviving enthusiasm to shop small and local. It’s the future of fashion, so why not hop on board?